Team Fido Dog Training is owned and operated by Cindy VanFrankfoort.
The training hall is located at 3165 Lakefield Road, Selwyn. We have a 1500 sq foot indoor training area, and a 3500 sq ft fenced outdoor area!
I have been involved with animals all of my life, especially in the veterinary hospital where I worked closely with clients regarding behavior issues with their dogs for 25 years.
After competing and training dogs in Flyball for 15 years I decided to turn my love of dogs and training into helping others to enjoy their lives with their own dogs!
Find out more about the classes or private lessons I offer. Training packages are available!
Courses and certifications I currently have:
- Canine Anxiety Certificate Course, Canine Principles
- CPDT – KA – Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed – Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers
- Certified Dog Trainer – International Positive Dog Training Association
- Certified Dog Trainer – Animal Behavior College
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor – Do More With Your Dog
- Mentor Trainer – Animal Behavior College
- Aggression in Dogs – Safety, Defensive Handling and Training
- Control Unleashed – Science and Sorcery Conference 2021
- Training Shelter Dogs – Animal Behavior College
- Pet Massage – Animal Behavior College
- Reiki Level I
- Canine Body Language
- Reactive Rover
- Living in a Multi-Dog Household
I am also bonded and insured through ProFur Insurance.
Any Dog Can Learn!
This is my motto. I strongly believe that any dog of any age can learn new behaviors. Using positive reinforcement and positive training methods dogs can learn new things and change other problem behaviors. Call me today to find out how!
“We heard about Cindy and Team Fido Dog Training during an Open House visit to the Peterborough Pet Hospital with Oreo, our 12 week old Border Collie pup. We signed up for Cindy’s “Surviving Puppyhood” socialization classes, and have attended 7 one-hour classes. Oreo started out as a very nervous little guy, fearful of strangers, loud noises and traffic. With Cindy’s guidance, Oreo gradually connected with the other puppies and is growing into a very confident dog. We have also been working one-on-one with Cindy to help us leash-train, house-train and clicker-train Oreo. Cindy uses encouragement and reward-based techniques that have done wonders with Oreo. Cindy’s ability to read Oreo’s physical cues and translate them for us has helped us to understand and work effectively with him. With Cindy’s help, we were able to train Oreo in a single day to ring a bell by the door to tell us he needs to go outside to do his business! We highly recommend Cindy and Team Fido Dog Training to anyone looking for help with dog training and puppy socialization.”
Go Team Fido!
Carrie Wakeford, Pat Kenney and Oreo
“Like” Team Fido Dog Training on Facebook, where I will post interesting articles about dog behavior and training, and the occasional brag about one of my own dogs! And pictures, of course!
Visa. Mastercard, Debit, cash and etransfer.